Thursday, July 7, 2011

22nd Week Update

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 22 weeks

Baby Stats: 
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, our baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. Fine hair (lanugo) covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
 **info. from www.babycenter.com**


Maternity Clothes: Wearing more and more lately. I packed a pair of regular shorts to wear on vacation with a belly band and two days in, they were a little snug...YIKES!

Movement: Feeling A LOT more movement, still off and on though. Our second day of vacation Dave even got to feel the baby move! He's felt it once more but very faint. It seems that when baby boy is going wild, Dave isn't around :( The last few nights he has been most active when I'm trying to go to sleep....he needs to get back on schedule :) Gigi (my Mom) got to feel baby boy kick hard when I came up to visit! I asked the doctor at my check-up today if it was normal that I don't feel him most of the day and he said yes, until he gets a little stronger, then I will feel him all the time and most likely be a little uncomfortable!

Sleep: Slept really well while on vacation in OBX!

Symptoms: Having some cramping in my calves in the morning, doctor said I may need more calcium now that the baby is stealing my calcium for his bones! I feel like I've been drinking a gallon of milk every two days so I'm not sure why I would need MORE calcium!!!

What I Miss: During vacation I really missed wine and other alcoholic beverages with certain meals but quickly got over it! 

Cravings: still just about everything and anything

Best Moment of the Week: Heard baby's heart beat today again at my check-up and doc confirmed that everything looked great from the ultrasound a few weeks ago. He also reassured me that if the tech said it was a boy, it most definitely is because it is rare to mistake "the manhood" parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment