Sunday, July 3, 2011

OBX vacation/21 weeks

We just returned home from a week-long vacation in South Nags Head with Dave's family. The weather was gorgeous and a great time was had by all. I survived the 5 hour drive and was surprisingly comfortable! We stopped at some shops the first day and I really had to resist buying a few baby shirts/onesies (namely the one that said "Lil' Pirate" on the front and "Poop Deck" on the behind :)) While we were there, Dave's brother Jimmy celebrated his 22nd birthday on Monday 6/27 and Dave and I celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday 6/28.

Baby boy Williamson was VERY active the entire trip! I noticed him the most during the late morning and late afternoon hours while relaxing in my beach chair :). On Sunday, Dave even got to feel a small kick/punch! He spent the rest of the week trying to get another feel but baby boy was stubborn and would stop when Daddy put his hand on my belly.
 
Just like any other family on vacation, we enjoy plenty of delicious food and drink (non-alcoholic for me this year). Everyone insisted that the tuna, soft cheese, and sangria I wasn't allowed to partake in were just "terrible tasting" so I didn't feel left out. Dave even lovingly named my 3 parts water/1 part grape juice cocktail a "Prego Bomb". To change things up a bit he bought me the V8 Splash Pina Colada flavor, it was tasty! Everyone took turns making dinner and each one was equally as divine. In fact every meal I had I found myself saying, "this is the best ______I've ever tasted". At one point I even had the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich I had ever tasted....haha I found EVERYTHING delicious!

Here are some pictures from our trip:

"These are the best fish tacos I've ever had"

Family Shot: Dave, Jimmy, Mike, Me, Joan, Phil, and Autumn

My "Prego Bomb"

Out to dinner-As you can see the baby bump definitely POPPED during the trip :)

Joan and 2 of her boys

Phil and the girls

No comments:

Post a Comment