Tuesday, December 20, 2011

6 Week Update

It is hard to believe little Cole is 6 weeks old!!! It is even harder to believe my maternity leave is over in 2 short weeks. However, I am so thankful that I am able to stay out for two additional weeks-they will just be unpaid : /

This week, Cole and Mommy had our first outings alone! Last Friday, we had to run into Walgreens before heading to Lewes for dinner at Grammie and Grandpa's house. Cole did  great!!! He was well-behaved at Grammie and Grandpa's so it was a wonderful visit :) Cole has started smiling more and more when spoken to, which is just heart-melting! He enjoyed watching his Daddy and Uncles decorate the Christmas tree. 

This Monday Cole had his first stay with Miss Kelly, his daycare provider for this school year. She watched him for two hours while I stopped into school to have lunch and a Secret Santa exchange with my teammates. I thought I would be a nervous wreck leaving him for the first time. However, with the exception of a few tears when I pulled away, I did better than expected. Cole was fine with Miss Kelly and was quite the little piggy, drinking BOTH bottles that I left! He slept the whole way home and even through a trip to Food Lion. By the time all of our errands were finished, Mommy was exhausted from being out and about most of the day-I'm not used to this these days. 
Daddy was worn out from working in the wind all day, Cole was worn out from his big day out with Mommy! :)


Today, on Cole's six week birthday, I decided to try out Cole napping in his crib for the first time. He takes short cat naps all day long so he only lasted in there 20 minutes but hey, that is a start. The whole time he was in there, I pretty much stared at the video monitor, haha. I feel like a crazy person staring at the screen 2 inches from my face trying to see if his chest is rising and falling! How am I going to stand him sleeping in there all night!!! : / Tonight we are having dinner at Uncle Mike's, so we will have another adventure out. We also have a big holiday weekend planned and will update with plenty of pictures next week I'm sure! Dave, Cole, and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and safe travels!
Daddy thinks this outfit looks like a "Mrs. Claus" shirt, but I don't, I couldn't resist putting him in it!!!

Also couldn't resist snapping a pic of his Phillies socks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment