Wednesday, January 4, 2012

7 and 8 Weeks Old!!

More weeks have flown by too quickly! We have had a busy 2 weeks celebrating Christmas and New Years with friends and family.  Forgive me if I leave anything out!

Before Christmas, I had a few girls over from work to watch Christmas movies; however, with three baby boys, there wasn't much movie time, mostly playing, feeding, and chatting :) I can't believe I didn't snap a picture of the 3 adorable boys together :( 

We spent Cole's first Christmas Eve at Grammie and Grandpa's house. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and time spent together. We all received wonderful gifts. One gift in particular was very special. Cole received "Santa's Magic Key" (should've taken a pic of this but it is already packed away in the attic for next year). This is a key that we have to put outside our door on Christmas Eve to let Santa in because we don't have a fireplace. I cannot wait to start this tradition with Cole :) We ended Christmas Eve watching "A Christmas Story" while I fed Cole, I think he really enjoyed his first showing of such a classic movie ;)
Thanks to Uncle Jimmy for his photography skills :)

Christmas morning, Dave and I exchanged gifts and packed up for our visit to Elkton. Cole did great the whole way, waking up with only about 10 minutes left in the car. Again, we received terrific gifts and Cole got lots of new toys. One special gift was the book "Twas the Night Before Christmas" from Pops. This book is so special because it is recordable and Pops recorded himself reading the story for Cole to enjoy for years to come :). Crystal, Lexi, Mom Mom, Aunt Sandy and Uncle Scott visited Christmas night. The day after Christmas Cole met many new friends: Laura, Becky, and Betty Patterson, Jen and Rick Osowski, and John and Donna Bitely. Cole was an angel all day and did great getting passed from visitor to visitor. You will notice that almost every picture shows Cole in his beloved swaddle blanket. That boy loves to be swaddled, it helps him sleep and calms him down so Mommy and Daddy don't mind although I hate that it covers up his cute outfits!
I may or may not have staged this pic AFTER Christmas because of a spit up debacle that happened Christmas morning, hindering a photo shoot ;)


 Once home from Elkton, we continued to stay busy visiting with friends and doing things around the house. I noticed Cole was congested and coughing/gagging at night (which was super scary) so I decided to make him a doctor's appointment just to be sure it was just a cold. Sure enough it was just a cold, probably from the weather and the dry heat in the house. While at the doctor, Cole was weighed and he is a whopping 13 pounds and almost 24 inches long!!! He has a regular check up this week so I will update his stats then. We got some saline drops and ran the humidifier, he seems to be getting a little better. Hate to see my baby sick :( but, he is still in good spirits. We also brought Tucker over to spend a few days with us. This is the first time he has stayed with us since Cole was born. He is so good with Cole, just sniffing him a few times when he walks by. At night he slept next to Cole's bassinet, I assume to protect him. I even had a little photo op while Cole was playing on the floor. Tucker plopped down right next to him and everytime Cole flung his hands and touched Tucker's ear, he didn't even flinch, such a good dog!

We spent New Year's Eve as a family of three. Dave made an awesome rack of ribs and Cole enjoyed a milk feast of his own. The weather was so mild we even had a chance to take a New Year's walk :). Dave and I both fell asleep before midnight but I set my alarm for 11:55 so I could see the ball drop. I also took the time to decorate Cole for his first NYE!

I'll end this post with his two weekly pictures and a snapshot of two outfits I thought were too cute not to capture on film :)






No comments:

Post a Comment