Tuesday, June 21, 2011

20 Week Highlights

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 20 weeks! (half-way there)
Baby Stats: 
Our baby's sensory development is exploding! HIS brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that HE may be able to hear our voice now, so we shouldn't be shy about reading aloud, talking to HIM, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes us (Hope baby likes Kenny Chesney b/c I had my own little concert while cleaning last week).
Our baby weighs about 11 ounces now. HE's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana.
HIS arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of HIS body now. HIS kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on HIS scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on HIS skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
HE's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for HIS digestive system.
 **info. from www.babycenter.com**


Maternity Clothes: Now that I am off school, it is a lot of gym shorts and t-shirts during the day :) I also just got another box of maternity hand me-downs from my cousin Karey! Thanks to all of you who have let me borrow your clothes! :)

Movement: Still feeling that popcorn pop every once in a while. Mostly it is after I eat and at night. I told the ultrasound tech what I was feeling and she said, "Well the way this baby is moving around in here, you'll REALLY feel it when it gets bigger!"

Sleep: Getting a little harder to find a comfortable position. My legs are becoming restless at night when I try to settle down. My hips and knees are also achy during the night I guess from only sleeping on my sides. I have tried sleeping with a big body pillow and that helps a little.

Symptoms: I can't eat at much for dinner anymore. If I do, my stomach feels really stretched out and uncomfortable!

What I Miss: I already miss my Mom, Dad, Mimi, Sophie and Abby Dog. It was so nice spending time with them on Saturday, but I wish we lived closer than 2 hours away :(

Cravings: SWEETS!!!!!

Best Moment of the Week: The whole weekend-Seeing those blue balloons floating out of the box, spending time with family and friends. Dave and I also had a nice relaxing day on Sunday that was really sweet! I was very emotional on Sunday over everything (from worrying about being able to raise a boy to not having pancakes for dinner) and he was so supportive and sweet. We picked out bedding and discussed paint for the nursery! :)

Here are some pictures from our 20 week ultrasound:
Face shot-kind of creepy looking but he still looks adorable! :) At one point, the tech even pointed to his tongue sticking out!
And my first baby bump shot:

2 comments:

  1. Cute Baby Bump, Linz! I cried when I watched your video. It was such an awesome way to announce your baby boy! Don't worry about boys! They are so adorable and love their mommies. I always loved my time with Ryan. We had so much fun, and you will too. When I talked to Becky, the video brought tears to her eyes too. Just relax and enjoy this special time in your lives. Babies are God's Special Gift, and now you have 2 of God's Special Gifts---A Beautiful Marriage & Hubby and now Your Baby Boy! We are so happy and proud of both of you.

    ReplyDelete