Tuesday, September 27, 2011

33 and 34 Week Update

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 33 &34 weeks

Baby Stats: 
33 Weeks: Cole weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
34 Weeks:Cole now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. 
**info. from www.babycenter.com**

Movement: Still feeling lots of movement, mostly down low and up in the ribs, think he's running out of room!

Sleep: what sleep?! Dave has pretty much resorted to the couch most nights b/c of my snoring and getting up every 2 hours to pee! It is getting harder and harder to hoist myself out of bed!

Symptoms: I've had some pressure in my pelvis this week and some cramping. People say it looks like I've "dropped" so maybe the pressure is from that!

What I Miss: caffeinated pumpkin lattes!! I've settled for a decaf pumpkin coffee a couple times already! I have been craving everything and anything pumpkin :)

Best Moment of the Week: One funny moment came from one of my little second grade girls. She said "When is your baby coming again Mrs. Williamson?" I said, "Not until November!" She looks at my stomach with a look of panic "He's getting bigger and bigger everyday!!!!!" 


We have received a few shower gifts in the mail recently :) I've already wheeled our umbrella stroller around the house a few times! His sleep sheep is resting comfortably in the stroller until Cole takes over the position.

We also had a doctor's appointment today (Tuesday). I had been a little concerned because I have had some cramping that is unusual. Doc said everything is fine and normal. I am measuring right on time! I am in a panic he will come early, which I DO NOT WANT! Of course for health reasons I don't want him coming anytime before 37 weeks, but I actually don't want him coming a DAY earlier than his due date because it will mess up my paid maternity leave! I do not want to go back to school before Chrismtas! So Cole, stay comfy in there! Some people have told me I have "dropped", which means he is getting in the locked and loaded position! I, of course, asked the doc if this meant he would be early and she said there is NO way of telling when he will come, but, dropping is normal at this stage. Please, Cole, stay comfy where you are for at least another SIX weeks! (Yes, I know I may be eating these words in another couple of weeks b/c I may be uncomfortable, but I promise you, I'd rather be uncomfortable and have him stay in there for the full six weeks, promise I won't complain! :)

Getting big, and low apparently....please stay comfy in there for six more weeks Cole!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how fast time flies..... I feel like you were just newly pregnant!!! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete