Saturday, January 21, 2012

10 Weeks Old!

My maternity leave officially ended this week. I know I've said it before but, 10 weeks of my life have NEVER gone by so fast! Seriously, I can't believe it. I spent my last day home with Cole snuggling and trying to take a mental photograph of every second of the day. There were also a lot of tears! When I returned to work Tuesday, Cole was lucky enough to stay with Daddy for the day. That morning was pretty ugly, involving me leaving with a BOX of tissues in hand for the ride to work. Sweet Dave stood at the door waving Cole's little hand as I backed out of the driveway.....that.killed.me. Once I was at work I got myself together and made it through the day. I left at 4:00 on the dot and was home in record time! The only thing I brought in with me were Cole's bottles and I ran through the door to kiss his cheeks!!! The rest of that night I spent snuggling and kissing his face! The second morning back wasn't too much easier. This time, Cole was staying with Grammie, Dave's mom. Again, he did great and I couldn't wait to see him when I came home. Thursday, he stayed with his great-grandmother, Mimi, and had a nice visit with Aunt Becky as well. Friday he was with Daddy again. By Friday, I didn't cry AS MUCH when I left but still shed tears. I just hate leaving him and missing all his sweet smiles and coos! 

This post is short and sweet b/c I want to get off here and back to my little buddy. Enjoy some pictures:
Girlfriend Emily and Cole aka the spit-up twins

football with Daddy and the uncles


No comments:

Post a Comment