Tuesday, August 16, 2011

28 Week Update-Welcome to the 3rd and FINAL trimester!!!!

I can't believe I am even typing the words THIRD TRIMESTER!!!! It seems as though the first 20 weeks moved soooo SLOWLY! But, now they are flying by! I go back to work this week and I can't believe I will only be there for about 2 and a half months before I go out on maternity leave! Here are the stats this week:

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 28 weeks
Baby Stats: 
This week, baby boy weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
**info. from www.babycenter.com**

Movement: getting more active and more strong! Daddy has felt a lot more movement lately and we can even see it through my shirt at times. He seems to be most active after dinner-before bed but I definitely have started to feel him throughout the day!

Sleep: ughhhhh...I've NEVER had trouble sleeping before pregnancy!! It is quite frustrating!!!

Symptoms: sometimes after the gym my back feels like it is going to break in half because of all the weight I'm carrying out front!!!

What I Miss: Zumba and Hip Hop at the gym, I hear the music every now and then when I'm on the treadmill and I can't wait to get back in those classes! I know I could probably do them now but feel like I would look and feel pretty silly and uncomfortable with a big ol' belly!

Best Moment of the Week: The whole week has been pretty great but I am really looking forward to seeing my family in Elkton this weekend when we go up for a cousin's wedding. We are also registering (FINALLY) on Sunday and hopefully picking up our nursery furniture!!!! Can't wait!


Since I go back to work this Thursday (Booooo); I finally got my act together and finished up some of my "summer projects". One of my projects was to sort all of our wonderful hand-me-downs we have been blessed with by size and get them washed!!! Here are some pics of this project :)
Once we decide on a name, I'd like to add his initials. Any other suggestions?

Filled an entire 20 quart tote with newborn-3 month clothes!! This is a pic of half of the tote.

The other half of the tote!
Not done yet, here is the 3-6 month stuff and other misc.
Don't forget about the closet!!!   

I think it is safe to say we are set with newborn-3 months size clothes! We are very blessed and thanks to all of you who gave us hand-me-downs! I hope he isn't huge and can fit into all of it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You really did get alot - you are so lucky- And you did a great job organizing! I love reading your blog Linz and so does Phil! Have a great last day - love ya

    ReplyDelete