Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene!

Well, we survived our first Hurricane in Bridgeville! We stocked up on supplies Thursday night and were SURE we would lose power for at least a couple of days. We were "prepared for the worst, and hoping for the best" as EVERY newscaster told us! Thankfully, our power NEVER went out and there was no significant damage! We did have water coming through the bottom of our front door so Dave was on towel duty the whole night. We were GLUED to the local news station or The Weather Channel ALL DAY and most the night! We did take a few breaks to play the Wii (which we haven't touched in over a year). I also brought home an old favorite game, Mancala, from my classroom to play in case the power went out. We played a few times and Dave beat me (to my dismay) on his first time! As I write this at 7AM the "morning after", Dave is already out exploring in his truck checking on damages in the area (just like he does during the blizzards!). One plus is that he's bringing home some bacon and I'm cooking pancakes! :)
Baby Bump's First Hurricane! :)

1 comment: