Sunday, August 14, 2011

Amy's Baby Shower

My cousin Amy and I have always been very close friends growing up. We are only a year apart and have a lot of similar interests. I have many fond memories of Amy and I as kids: sleepovers with her and Lauren, trips to the beach, having modeling shows in the living room, singing to Ace of Base and Paula Abdul, and many other embarrassing tidbits :)
You can click on the picture to see the embarrassing old photos even larger ;)

We have remained close even though we have grown older and have made new memories as adults! That being said, it is only fitting that we would both be pregnant with little boys at the same time! When Amy called to tell me her news I had just found out that I, myself was pregnant the night before! I HAD to tell her! Months after that phone call we both found out we were having BOYS! This will be new to this side of the family...we grew up having all girl cousins! :)

Last weekend was Amy's baby shower! Because we live a few hours apart, we hadn't seen each other with belly bumps! I couldn't wait to see her and catch up. It was so great being with family and sharing that special time together. I know she will make a wonderful mother and I can't wait for our little boys to be buddies just like Amy and I!
Buddies in the making :)

Nannie with her great-grandson and great-great-grandson! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I am very excited for both you and Amy--and of course your baby boys!!!

    ReplyDelete