Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week 30 update

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 weeks (only 10 to go!!!)

Baby Stats: 
This week, baby boy is about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
**info. from www.babycenter.com**

Movement: lots of movement still, while I'm at work I don't notice him much but, I think it is just because I'm pre-occupied with the kiddos.

Sleep: some nights good, some bad

Symptoms: having some ankle/foot and hand swelling lately since I've been back to work. Mostly because I am on my feet the entire day and also because it is about 120 degrees and humid as a rainforest in my classroom! :(

What I Miss: My afternoon rest/nap time, not happening now that I'm back in school!

Best Moment of the Week: Meeting Baby Emily! Our friends Anne and Chris welcomed their second beautiful daughter on Tuesday (right before the earthquake)! We went to visit Wednesday night and she is so precious! It felt great holding her and knowing that I will have one of my very own in a few months! "Uncle Daves" also got in on the action and held her for a while too! I was shocked to see how natural he was! The last time I saw him hold a newborn was about 3 years ago and it was like he was holding an atomic bomb! This time around he was a PRO!!!!! I was basically a puddle on the floor it was so cute to see him holding her, I can't imagine how I will be when he is holding OUR SON!!

"Uncle Daves" and Baby Emily :)

ALSO, we finally decided on a name (I think!) haha. We are keeping my mom in suspense though so I will fill you in when we decide to make it public knowledge :)

1 comment: