Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cole's First 3 Weeks!

Silly me for thinking I'd be able to update my blog weekly with a newborn! :) I will try my best from here on out to update as much as I can in the future!
First, I CANNOT believe how FAST these three weeks have flown by! We always say our week of vacation in the summer goes by like a flash, well these weeks have gone by even FASTER if that is possible! Let's see..where do I begin?

Week 1:
After a wonderful stay at Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, we brought Cole home on Thursday, November 10, 2011. Our neighbor and friend, Jaime, decorated the outside of the house and Gigi was eagerly awaiting our arrival! Our first visitors at the house were our friends Eric and Lauri. The next day, Crystal and Lexi drove down to spend the afternoon with us. Saturday, Pops came back down to spend the weekend. Anne came over with her youngest daughter, Emily (3 months old), to meet her future husband, Cole :) We had a wonderful family dinner that night with both sides of the family. Dave's dad, Grandpa, made a beautiful toast and we indulged in a special champagne. Sadly, Gigi and Pops had to leave on Sunday, all three of us were very sad to see them go. Luckily, Thanksgiving was right around the corner so they would be back soon. Mimi came to visit us and help out Tuesday-Thursday of that week. Cole had plenty of snuggle time rocking with her!
On our way home!
Gigi was waiting!

Crystal and Lexi
1st bath at home!
Enjoying football with Daddy :)
Relaxin'
Cole's first girlfriend Emily

Week 2:
During Mimi's visit, we decided to take a road trip to see Aunt Becky and Uncle Eddie. Cole made out great in the car but was a little fussy during our actual visit. All he wanted to do was eat (little did I know this was the start of a feeding frenzy that is still going on!) Cole also had his first doctor's appointment this week. We were very pleased with the doctor's office and the nurses and doctor we met with. Cole had gained 8 ounces since leaving the hospital. Because he was still 6 ounces away from his birth weight, we were scheduled to go back a week later for a weight check. We had many other visitors this week (Krystle and Scarlet, Cruz and Lauri, Melissa, the Boyer family) and also celebrated Dave's 29th birthday!! Sadly, as this week ended, so did Dave's leave from work :( We spent all day Sunday just the three of us and enjoyed every second. I honestly DO NOT know how I would have survived without Dave those first two weeks! He is such a HUGE HELP!!
Another day...another girlfriend, Krystle's daughter Scarlet
Daddy's BEST birthday EVER!

Meeting Cruz

Handsome Boy!


Week 3:
Cole and I survived our first week home without Daddy (thank goodness it was only 3 days b/c of the Thanksgiving holiday!). We had some trying times this week. Cole has been very fussy during random times of the day and seems to be totally miserable unless he is eating. However, I feed him, and then he spits up....A LOT so it is has been challenging, to say the least. However, I know I have a huge support system in Dave, my family, and friends so that has helped when I have become frustrated and emotional! This week my breastfeeding difficulties did get a little better thankfully! I was really struggling for the first 2 weeks with a lot of pain. I decided it was best to pump some of the time and that seemed to allow me time to heal and it is getting easier as time goes on. People are absolutely telling the truth when they say breastfeeding doesn't necessarily come "naturally"! It definitely takes patience and perseverance! We enjoyed Thanksgiving at Joan and Phil's house with both sides of the family. This was different than our usual Thanksgiving routine but, was equally as wonderful. Cole got to sport his many Turkey Day outfits and we enjoyed watching a touching DVD of pictures that my mom put together for us. Friday, Cole had his follow-up doctor's appointment. Unfortunately he had only gained one ounce since the previous week. So, the doctor suggested we start waking Cole up at least every three hours throughout the night to try to get his weight up. Previously, I only fed Cole when he woke during the night. He would go a 5-6 hour stretch, and then a 4 hour stretch. Friday night we started this new routine and Saturday was the best day Cole has had in the last week and a half. I am hoping this new feeding schedule helps his fussiness during the day. Dave and Dad got the outside of the house all decorated for Christmas and Mom, Mimi, and I worked on the inside. Actually, it was more like Mom and Mimi decorating and me feeding a hungry baby all day! I am so thankful they were here to help us. We enjoyed the beautiful weather both Saturday and Sunday by taking our first few trips outdoors. We took our first stroller ride around the neighborhood and also went to tag our Christmas tree! I cannot believe it is already DECEMBER!!!! 
1st Stroller Ride



No comments:

Post a Comment