Monday, November 7, 2011

Here come the contractions!

Saturday 11/5/11: 4:00pm: Took a long walk around the neighborhood with Jaime. By the end, my stomach was HARD as a rock and very uncomfortable! Around 7pm I started having a constant menstrual cramp feeling. This lasted all night and kept me awake. 
Sunday 11/6/11: 4:00am: Finally came out to lay on the couch to see if that would help my pain. Decided to start watching the clock, cramping/contractions were coming every 5 minutes. Waited 45 minutes, still the same, so I got in the shower and got last minute things in my bag. Woke Dave up. Straightened up the house a little, packed the car and headed out around 6:30. On the way there I noticed my contractions weren't as regular anymore. Hooked me up to the monitors and sure enough I was having contractions but they were not very strong (they felt strong enough to me!) and were becoming irregular. Examined me and I was 2cm dialated. Had me walk the halls for an hour. By the end of that hour I was MISERABLE. I just wanted to lay down. When I did, contractions were far and few between. Checked me again and no change in my cervix. So, we got sent home. We were home by 10, ate lunch, and napped the rest of the day. My contractions were tolerable the rest of the day and really only hurt bad when I changed positions. Then, just about the time I was ready to lay down for bed, they started coming again every 10 minutes. This lasted until about 4am, and they were more severe than Saturday night. Needless to say, I was miserable and just kept thinking, oh my gosh, these are only going to get WORSE! :( I really thought I'd have more pain tolerance than this. As of this morning around 4-5am, they started to die down and I got a little sleep. Now they are only coming when I change position.

No comments:

Post a Comment