Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Last update before Cole is here?!?

Yet again, another update...
As I write this I wonder if it will be the last time I blog about my pregnancy. The next entry could very well be Cole's Birth Story! 
I'll start with my doctor's appointment on Tuesday afternoon. Dr. Cabrera was still pleased with my swelling improvement. However, he is still concerned about the size of baby boy! I'm measuring a week ahead and the doctor refers to him as "very good size" and tells me it will be a "tight fit"! YIKES! Because of this he has suggested we make plans for an induction after my appointment on Monday 11/7, if I make it that long. In the meantime, I am planning on walking in the afternoons with my neighbor Jaime to try to get things moving. I am thinking Friday will be my last day at work. I could technically go for a half-day Monday but for my own peace of mind, I'd like to have that day to get last-minute things in order if need be. Plus, it would be a clean transition for my substitute to start on her own on a Monday. (By the way, my substitute is a super-star, I am SO THANKFUL)
TMI alert ahead...
Today I called the doctor because I was concerned about some "leakage" I was having. I know it is normal for women to have some leakage late in their pregnancy, rather it be bladder control (gross I know) or discharge (again, gross). However, I also knew it could possibly be my water breaking in a slow trickle. Everything I read says to call if you are concerned, so I did. They told me to just go straight to the ER! Dave was working in Dover and I was still in Denton at the time. I was not having any contractions and the leakage hadn't gotten any worse so we were certain it was not an emergency (it wasn't). I assumed I would have to sit and wait for a while in the waiting room but to my surprise, they took me right up to labor and delivery and hooked me up to monitors right away. Cole's heart rate was strong and I enjoyed listening to it for the two hours I was there :) After an exam, and some tests, turns out the fluid was just my mucus plug "melting" away. The nurse explained that some women lose their mucus plug in one big glob, others have a slow "melting" that is watery...which would be what mine is doing. They monitored me for about another hour and sent me home. Overall, it was an interesting experience. I assumed I would be panicking and overly emotional, especially heading there on my own, without Dave. I surprised myself and stayed calm and collected (this could be because I was fairly certain I was not in labor yet). I pray I stay calm when I go back the next time for the "real" thing! Dave is finally packing his bag tonight, he adjusted the car seat so it is perfect, and we are just waiting! 
So, until Monday's appointment, or until Cole decides to come on his own, I will be napping, or walking :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh things are getting started!!! Yippee!! Good luck Linz, you are going to do wonderful and I can't wait to see pictures of Cole !:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so excited for you! Cole is HUGE and adorable--love him already! :-D

    ReplyDelete