Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 1st-Telling My Students

I wanted to wait to tell my students until after my appointment on the 31st. Three of them already knew but had kept it quiet. I made a math sheet where they matched the answers to letters and it spelled out "Mrs. W. is having a baby!" (Thanks Liz for the idea!). I had them complete it first thing in the morning, as I couldn't wait any longer! A couple of them yelled out "I knew it!" when they finished. I showed them the 13 week ultrasound and they were in complete awe. Even some of the wildest kids sat there with their jaws to the floor in silence. They have really enjoyed telling all of the other teachers in school (even though most of them already know). I've gotten a dozen homemade cards and of course, the girls think I'm having a girl, and the boys think it is a boy. I only have 5 more days with these little monsters so I'm sure they will be shocked when they see me and my belly in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment