Friday, June 10, 2011

Last Day of School/18 week update

Today was the last day of school for our students! :) It is always bittersweet to see your class move on at the end of the year but, I honestly didn't think this school year was ever going to end!!!! The last week has really exhausted me: keeping up with overly-excited students, cleaning out cupboards, and packing up my classroom...all in 100 degree heat. While our school does have air conditioning, they turn it off early to save money and we are stuck sweating and smelling stinky kids! Even my carpeting was wet b/c of the humidity....GROSS! After our class party on Thursday and lugging stuff around the classroom I was more than ready to get home and put my feet up. This was the first time the heat really got to me, but I was feeling better after a gatorade and a short nap. I really feel bad complaining about the heat when I know some people have to work OUTSIDE in it, like my husband! I don't know how he does it!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 18 weeks
Baby Stats: 
Head to rump, our baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. Baby is busy flexing his or her arms and legs. Blood vessels are visible through baby's thin skin, and his or her ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around baby's nerves, a process that will continue for a year after baby is born.

Maternity Clothes: Still wearing most of my pre-pregnancy clothes but got another bag of hand me-downs this week to sort through :) Thanks Amy Beitzel!

Movement: Not sure! Today (Friday 10th) I felt what feels like popcorn popping in my stomach on and off. I first noticed it when I finally sat down and rested at school. Then, I felt it again while I was at home typing up class lists. I THINK it is baby but still not quite sure. Yesterday morning I also noticed that one side of my belly was soft while the other side was hard, wondering if baby was laying on one side.

Sleep: still sleeping fine, trying to remember not to lie on my back

Symptoms: can't stand the heat as well as I used to

What I Miss: Today I miss celebrating the Last Day of School with a BIG alcoholic beverage!

Cravings: Blueberry bagels this week

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling movement! (I think) :) Also, hearing from the doctor that my quad screen came back fine!

**exactly 1 week until we see our baby in an ultrasound again, and 1 week 1 day until the big gender reveal!!**

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Linz!!! This is such a sweet gift for your Baby. After Baby Williamson is born, you can have it printed into a book ... then continue on and print one each year of their life. I'll show you mine next time we visit :) Can't wait to read more..

    ReplyDelete