Tuesday, October 11, 2011

36 Week Update

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 weeks


Baby Stats:  
Cole is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Cole swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, Cole will be considered full-term!!! The doctor actually said I was measuring a week ahead, which means Cole will be in the 8 pound range when he is born! I knew this would be the case considering I was 8 lb 12 oz and Dave was 9lb 3 oz! The doctor also checked me today and said I'm 80% thinned, which means I only have about 20% more before I start dilating! This put me in a bit of a panic because the doctor estimated about 2 MAYBE 3 weeks until Cole's arrival, I thought I had 4 weeks left!
**info. from www.babycenter.com**

Movement: Lots of moving in the evenings, last night in particular. He was going CRAZY! It was actually pretty painful and I had to lay down so he had some more room to groove.

Sleep: still strugglin'

Symptoms: swollen feet and ankles still, they used to get better overnight but they are pretty much staying huge now!

What I Miss: fitting into normal shoes. I think I have two pairs of flip flops that fit!

Best Moment of the Week: Setting up all the baby "gear". I promise I will post pictures as soon as I can. I am waiting on hubs to hang a few things up in the nursery before I start taking pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment