Monday, October 24, 2011

38 Week Update

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 38 weeks (only TWO WEEKS until my due date!!! Wow!)

Baby Stats:  
Cole has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds (probably larger according to doctor) and he's over 19 1/2 inches long. He has a firm grasp, which I'll soon be able to test when I hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
**info. from www.babycenter.com**

Movement: Still lots of movement, I've noticed a lopsided tummy more often this week.

Sleep: not getting any better

Symptoms: have had a few contractions but nothing alarming; the swelling in my feet/ankles has gone down because I sat with my feet elevated for about 3 days straight! Today I was back at work for a full day and they are a little swollen again but nothing compared to last week! I hope to stay off them the rest of the night so they look better before the doctor's tomorrow!

What I Miss: My Mom and Mimi! They came down for my school baby shower on Thursday afternoon and stayed until Saturday afternoon. It was a great visit and we certainly accomplished a lot! My house has NEVER been this clean! I can't thank them enough for all they did! I always hate seeing my family leave but this time when they return I will be in LABOR!!!!!!

Best Moment of the Week: I had a great baby shower at school last Thursday! I am blessed to work with such caring people. We received a lot of gift cards which will come in handy and I finally got my Vera Bradley diaper bag thanks to Mom, Mimi, and Joan! I LOVE it! Mimi also knitted Cole a precious blue blanket. It is so special and is already in the car seat awaiting the ride home from the hospital! :) A dear friend, Ria, also made an AMAZING diaper cake that I can't even THINK about taking apart. It is currently on display in Cole's room and will probably be for a LONG time! I find something new on it every time I look at it! She is amazing!

Seriously, how cute is this????

Some decals we added and the curtain!

Now I can carry diapers and wipes in style :)
Stay tuned for tomorrow's update after my doctor's appointment!!! I need to get a recent belly pic up here too, hopefully I won't be taking one in a hospital gown tomorrow evening!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how close you are!!! I am so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The diaper cake is nothing like you described! IT'S INSANE! She shoukd sell those suckers. Make a fortune!

    ReplyDelete