Tuesday, October 18, 2011

37 Week Update

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 37 weeks


Baby Stats:  
Cole is now considered "full term," even though my due date is three weeks away. If I go into labor now, Cole's lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.
Cole weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. (My belly is measuring a week ahead so he's probably a bit bigger than this!)

At the doctor today, he said that Cole's head is very low, which is good. He also said Cole has a strong heartbeat and moves around a lot (I already knew that!) However, he was very concerned about my swollen feet/ankles/legs. He suggested that I don't work after this Friday. After begging him to let me go longer (because I don't want to use a lot of sick leave BEFORE Cole arrives), he agreed to wait until my appointment next Tuesday. He said if I'm still swollen or my blood pressure is high, he will be admitting me to the hospital :( So, I'm really hoping I can take it easy for the next week and prop my feet up every night. I also need to pump up the water intake! Dave has been very helpful, bringing me what I need and propping pillows under my tree trunk legs!
**info. from www.babycenter.com**

Movement: Still lots of movement in the evenings, at times can be pretty uncomfortable.

Sleep: not getting any better

Symptoms: swollen feet and ankles obviously, also some hand and wrist pain and numbness which can be a sign of carpal tunnel brought on by pregnancy(so weird)

What I Miss: knowing what the next day will bring...I'm getting very anxious about WHEN I will go into labor, HOW LONG labor will last... I don't like the unknown, and this part of labor is all about not knowing what to expect!

Best Moment of the Week: Well, I don't know that it was the "best" but it was significant. We had our hospital tour on Monday night. It was nice to see where we will be delivering Cole and now we finally know where to go and kind of what to expect. However, it made me more nervous than ever before! Just seeing the hospital beds made me sweat! I've always been a little nervous about the "labor and delivery" part of pregnancy but the last few weeks my anxiousness has REALLY set in! Especially since it seems he is coming sooner rather than later! I talked to my doctor today about some of my concerns (epidural or no epidural, etc.) and he assured me that everything would be fine and encouraged me to go into the process with an open-mind because I won't know how I feel until I'm in that moment. I just continue to pray that Cole will be healthy and I will not have any complications. And, I will continue to....wait....not knowing what is to come next...... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment